DwZone Forum DwZone Forum
Welcome to the DwZone-it Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  
    RegisterRegister -->   LoginLogin  
Multiple Record  
DwZone Forum Index -> Multiple Record
Moderators: AdministratorsModerators 
Hint: For improved responsiveness, use Internet Explorer 4 (or above) with Javascript enabled, choose 'Dynamic' from the View dropdown and hit 'Set Options' to save your changes.
New Topic Search for
 View     Per page     Messages Since 
Messages 31 to 32 of 32 (Total: 32) First |  Prev |  Next |  Last  
 Subject Author Date  
   Re: Followed tutorial for multiple record (update), but page doesn't reload with latest update  
View this persons public profile  Steve Skinner   13:53 6 Feb 2014  
    Problem with the Multiple Record and the way it inserts its include files  
View this persons public profile  Steve Skinner   13:28 6 Feb 2014  

I have a file where I'm using multiple record and it's in a subdirectory of the root (/cmsadmin). The behavior inserts an include at the top of the code for the database connection, and it also inserts an include to this file near the bottom of the code: /dwzMultipleRecord/MultipleRecord.asp.

The problem is - the include file the extension creates for these things is not mapped correctly. The relative path is wrong. I followed (exactly) the tutorial you have on your site for using it for updating records and I get this error when running it:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0130'
Invalid File attribute
/cmsAdmin/event-sliders.asp, line 2
File attribute '/Connections/hmgSQLconn.asp' cannot start with forward slash or back slash.

After looking at the code, I saw that the extension inserted a file include using an incorrect path. This is what the extension created for both the database connection and the link to the multiplerecord.asp file:
<!--#include file="/Connections/hmgSQLconn.asp" -->
<!--#include file="/dwzMultipleRecord/MultipleRecord.asp" -->

If these includes were virtual instead of file includes, it would work. My file where I am using this extension is located in the subdirectory /cmsadmin. So... if you were going to use a file include, they would need to be written like this:
<!--#include file="../Connections/hmgSQLconn.asp" -->
<!--#include file="../dwzMultipleRecord/MultipleRecord.asp" -->

This was easy to see a problem in the code generated by the extension, so I manually changed the paths so that they would be correct, and the extension works. The only problem is - every time you edit the settings for the multiple record, it wants to re-write the include files back to the wrong path. It would be great if the extension just created a correct path to the database connection and the multiplerecord.asp file so I didn't have to manually change it every time I update the extension on the page.

Thanks.

Reply to this current thread  View this persons public profile  Send Private Message
Last Visit: Thursday 18 Apr, 2024 6:15 am First |  Prev |  Next |  Last  
 Login
Username:  Password:    
Read Message Read Message   Unread message Unread message
Read message [popular] Read message [popular]   Unread message [popular] Unread message [popular]
Read message [locked] Read message [locked]   Unread message [locked] Unread message [locked]